Don’t think of this as a goodbye.
Yes, technically it is, but it’s only a small one. It’s not like I’m leaving the internet for good (if I ever say I’m doing that, please commit me to a mental institution). No, this is more just like I’m moving out of this house and going to exclusively spend time at my other homes. I won’t sell this one quite yet, but I have no plans to return. Without further adieu, here are your 10th (and final) year stats:
- 365 posts: “This Is A Year To Celebrate” to “It All Had To End Eventually”. My final blog post count including today is 2990. It’s a little disappointing that I came that close to reaching 3000, but I’d have to go back and blame my 2007 (or earlier) self for that.
- The post streak reached and ends at 2581 consecutive days. From April 22, 2007 to May 15th, 2014 I didn’t miss a single day of posting.
- Yet another year of a decreasing maximum title length. I maxed out at 9 words over the past year, hitting it two different times. Five years straight my most common title length was 5 (118, 32.3%) with 4 (106, 29%) and 6 (60, 16.4%) as the runners up yet again.
- My last five minute posts crept up again, this time reaching 157. I had been doing so good, but clearly I just wasn’t on my posting game this time around.
- My Australia trip left me with 17 ITEMS PLAN posts, surprisingly the exact same number as my Europe trip did back in 2012. Those were spread out across only three new categories instead of five this year though (Cairns: 5, Sydney: 5, Melbourne: 7). I only had one additional new travel category (New York: 5), and I hit a some other previous locations as well for good measure (Boston: 5, Dallas: 14, Las Vegas: 4). I would say that’s “only” 45 days of traveling since the year before I hit 53 (and before that it was 58), but being away from Seattle for over a month is still pretty awesome when you think about it. My media posts gained a new category as well (Music: 1), but with only 7 Videos and 2 Comics, I relied far less on those this time around.
As I mentioned before, if you wish to keep getting updates from me, I’m still going to be updating Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram with things I find interesting. I’m sure that I’ll add in new social networks going into the future, and at some point I might resurrect a new personal site even. Chances are it won’t be a blog though.
I guess that’s it; there’s nothing left for me to say. I could have waited until this evening to make this post, but getting it out of the way in the morning just felt like the most appropriate thing to do rather than stretch out the end longer than necessary. Now you can just read, reflect, and continue on with your day. If you ever need to find me, you’ll know where I’ll be.
However, just in case I don’t see you… Good afternoon, good evening, and good night.